The following key points are highlighted in the upcoming series about the Future of Work at Working Washington:
- Automation: new opportunities or humans need not apply?
- Gig Economy: app jobs with no benefits; how do we tame this Wild West job market?
- STEM Equity and Access: have we replaced the glass ceiling with an invisible force-field one?
- Jobs That Tech Built: janitors, security guards, cafeteria workers; old-fashioned poverty at hi-tech corporations.
- Digital Activism: will memes drive the next revolution, or is there more to digital organizing than slacktivism?
- Housing Affordability: is the tech boom creating worse inequality? What impact does that have on housing affordability and who’s really to blame? And what do we actually even do about it?